Member Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions form the basis upon which Optimal Fitness provides the gym membership or gym & group class membership to you. By applying for a gym membership you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- Your membership allows you unlimited access to the gym facilities. You must check-in at reception during each visit. Optimal Fitness may ask you to provide proof of identity at any time whilst you are in the gym.
- Your membership is personal to you and cannot be used by others.
- All recurring payment membership subscriptions must be set up using a UAE registered credit card provided by a UAE based bank account.
- Annual commitment membership subscriptions are a 12 month contract and will run for 12 consecutive months.
- New membership subscriptions will run from their initial payment date and their recurring monthly payment will be taken on the same date each month. Any notice periods, such as for cancellations or freezes, will be from this payment date. Charges may take a few days to show in your bank, or to show as confirmed on our payment systems.
- You must attest that you are fully able to participate in an exercise routine of your choice without undue risk.
- Each Gym Membership Subscription entitles the member to 4 group fitness classes per month. It is possible to purchase multiple Gym Membership Subscriptions to obtain more classes per month.
The Member will opt for the membership below and agrees to pay an amount as indicated (hereinafter referred to as “Fee”) to avail the facilities of Optimal Fitness
Monthly Gym Membership
Annual Gym Membership (paid monthly)
Monthly Gym & Unlimited Class Membership
Annual Gym & Unlimited Class Membership (paid monthly)
The Member agrees to pay an initial fee immediately upon the execution of this Agreement and the Fee will continue to be processed on a monthly basis until cancellation.
- Monthly memberships are paid in advance monthly, on the calendar date that the membership has started, for the following month.
- Two (2) membership freezes are permitted as part of the annual membership subscription.
- Membership freezes can be processed for a full month period for up to 2 consecutive months.
- A maximum of 2-months is permitted for Membership freezes during a 12-month membership.
- Requests for a membership freeze must be made with at least 5 full working days notice before the start date of the next payment date. Freeze requests must be completed by the member contacting reception or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities and Services
- Optimal Fitness reserves the right to make changes to programmes and prices without prior notice.
- Optimal Fitness Gyms may close during national holidays and celebrations, such as Christmas and Eid, and any additional closures. Closure dates will be announced on our social media channels. No refund will be applicable.
- Optimal Fitness Gyms may also close due to planned and reactive facility works to which the members will be made aware as appropriate. Any facility closures over a week may be entitled to a pro rata refund.
- Current Optimal Fitness opening and closing times can be found on our website.
- Last entry to Optimal Fitness will be 30 minutes before the designated closing time.
Your Belongings and Lockers
- Bags and personal belongings are not permitted in fitness areas (unless designated) and should be stored in the lockers provided.
- Lockers are provided in the changing rooms and are for the duration of your session within the gym only.
- The lockers use a tumbler code, instructions are provided in the changing rooms.
- Any items left in the lockers overnight may be removed and held in lost property for 48 hours, if not collected within this timeframe the contents will be disposed of.
- Members are solely responsible for their own belongings whilst visiting Optimal Fitness. Optimal Fitness accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property.
- Although we will always endeavour to return articles of lost property to their owner, we do not take responsibility for any items held in lost property. Such items will be kept until claimed, but for no longer than 48 hours.
Gyms and Group Class Etiquette and Rules
- Appropriate sportswear must be worn at all times, as stated in our gym etiquette. Sports trainers must be worn; jeans, flip flops, open-toed sandals, high heels and training with either just socks or bare feet is not acceptable. Please refer to the gym etiquette for more detail on appropriate clothing.
- Those not wearing appropriate clothing will be denied entry to the gym floor and any Group Exercise classes, with no refund due.
- Do not enter our premises whilst intoxicated.
- Do not engage in any type of criminal behaviour whilst on our premises.
- No food is to be consumed in the gym facilities and only secure bottled drinks are permitted. We encourage the use of reusable bottles for water consumption.
- Replace weights and equipment after use, repeat offenders will have their membership terminated with no refund due.
- Do not drop or throw weights down on the floor (including in the free weights area), this is monitored and repeat offenders will have their membership terminated with no refund due.
- Any breach of these rules may result in your membership being terminated with no refund due.
Inductions & Programmes
- All members are required to fill in a PAR Q (Pre- Activity Readiness Questionnaire) form prior to entering the gym and when renewing memberships.
- All members are required to attend an induction with an Optimal Fitness staff member.
- It is the responsibility of the member to book an induction at the time of purchase. Inductions are bookable in person at our gym welcome desk, over the phone, or via email to email@example.com.
- If you believe you are a proficient gym user, you may choose to not attend an induction. It is understood that you do so under the agreement that you have read, understood, and agree to both the Terms and Conditions of membership, and the Health Commitment Statement.
- Optimal Fitness will not accept any liability for any claim for negligence if an induction has not been carried out by a qualified Optimal Fitness trainer.
- If you require more detailed assistance or 1-2-1 support Personal Trainers are available for this service.
- Only Optimal Fitness Personal Trainers may use the gym for Personal Training or Personal Training services.
- Members shall not be permitted to give personal instruction for financial gain or otherwise.
- Failure to abide by these rules will result in termination of your membership with no refund due.
The Group Exercise Programmes
- Due to limited places, booking is recommended for all Group Exercise classes through our online booking system or by contacting reception prior to the start of the class.
- Classes can be booked up to 7 days in advance.
- Please arrive on time for your class. Once the door is closed and the music has started, there is a no entry policy for health and safety reasons to avoid injury, and to avoid disruption of the class.
- Optimal Fitness review and make changes to the Group Exercise timetable on a monthly basis based on attendance, peak usage, and member feedback. Optimal Fitness reserves the right to make changes to programmes without prior notice, any changes are visible through the online booking site 7 days in advance as standard.
- Members with unlimited class memberships are encouraged to book to avoid disappointment.
- Members should cancel their bookings no less than 24 hours prior to the class starting.
- Members who fail to notify their intention to cancel a class with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice prior to the class starting or are no-shows for the class will have that session deducted from their class allotment or in the case of unlimited class memberships, a no-show mark will be placed on your account, if this activity is repeated 3 times, they will be prevented from booking and only have access to the class waitlist. No refund is due if the class booking is cancelled after the 24 hour notice period.
- Members must check-in for their classes at the gym reception Failure to do so will result in a no-show mark on your account.
- All enquiries to challenge a no-show mark should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
- Those booked onto waiting lists will be notified by Optimal Fitness if a space becomes available. Spaces will be given on a first come, first served basis. If a space is accepted and not attended, the above rules will apply.
- If you are unhappy with the service offered by Optimal Fitness for any reason within the first 14 days of becoming a member, you are entitled to a refund of any membership fees, and any dates used charged at the day pass rate. To meet the cancellation deadline, you should send an email to email@example.com before the cancellation period has expired.
Your Termination Rights
- No fixed contract length, membership automatically renews each month until cancelled. Cancellations must be completed by the member with 5 full working days notice before the next due payment date. Failure to do so will result in payment fees being taken with no refund due. To cancel your membership an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Memberships (fixed term)
- Cancellation before the end of the 12 month agreed term will result in the gym member being liable to pay the remainder of the 12 months up to the final payment date. For example if you sign up in January and cancel in July you will be liable to pay for the remaining 5 months.
- Requests to terminate your membership during its active period may be made if any of the following conditions are true, on the provision of valid documentary evidence:
- Optimal Fitness is in material breach of these Terms and Conditions
- Genuine and relevant medical reasons which are preventative in your ability to utilise the gym spaces or classes.
- Valid and unexpected change in study or work circumstances, such as interruption of study, resulting in a move out of Dubai.
- Refunds are reviewed and issued on a case by case basis if annual payments have been made upfront. Any refunds issued will be for the total cost of the membership minus the included processing joining fee of 150 AED and any months elapsed at the current pay monthly rate.
- Documentation authenticating reasons for termination must be of an appropriate quality (GP Letter, Headed Letter, Professional Email Communication, etc.) consisting of a signature of the validating professional or professional body, and a validation date. Documentation must be provided prior to being considered for a refund.
Termination by Optimal Fitness
- Optimal Fitness may terminate your membership immediately and at any time without further liability to you:
- If in Optimal Fitness reasonable opinion your continued membership is, or is likely to be, injurious to the character and interests of Optimal Fitness or any other member, for example but not limited to, where your behaviour is abusive, violent, disruptive or threatening.
- If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions.
- You consent to Optimal Fitness, whether directly or through an intermediary, processing your personal information for the purposes of membership.
- You are responsible for notifying Optimal Fitness of any changes to your personal information.
- You are required to provide your full name, address, mobile phone number, email address, date of birth and will be required to have your photograph taken.
- Information will be aggregated and no identifiable information will be used.
- You will be added to our email database and our Whatsapp Broadcast list to keep you informed of news that may impact your membership.
- These Terms and Conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Optimal Fitness. Each party agrees that it shall have no remedy in respect of any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms and Conditions. No party shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based upon any statement in these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The courts of the DIFC shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- In agreeing to these terms and conditions, you are aware of the Health Commitment Statement and agree that the commitments set out are reasonable of what we expect of you and what you can expect of us.
- Optimal Fitness expects users to make decisions about what exercise they are able to carry out, but if we observe excessive exercise that we believe poses a risk to the safety and health of a user, then it is necessary to address this as part of Optimal Fitness’s duty of care to users.
- Children under the age of nine (9) years will be permitted to enter the gymnasium, only when being under the supervision of an Optimal Fitness training professional.
- Children aged 9-15 years need to be accompanied by an adult throughout any sessions within the Optimal Fitness facilities. Optimal Fitness reserves the right to deny access to children without adult supervision.